Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Character Bio

"My name is Gerard Duval. Almost nothing is known about me. I was a printer and I had a wife and family waiting for me back home. What kind of man was I? Who knows? That doesn't matter now. When the bombardment ended we knew that it was our sign to attack. Our company charged forward towards the Germans. I took cover inside a bombed out crater, its only occupant was a dead German soldier, or so I thought. He attacked me before I even had a chance to react. I felt the blade enter my body and fell to the ground in agony. I wasn't dead but I knew that I would be before long. As I sat there waiting for death's sweet embrace the German seemed to notice that I was not dead. He approached me, this is it, I thought, he is going to finish me off now. Instead the man began to bandage my wounds and give me water. What a joke, was he trying to somehow make himself out to be a good guy? They attacked us, not the other way around. What does it matter to me though? The last hours of my life were filled with pain, but that's okay to me, I'm sure he will be haunted by his actions a lot longer than I suffered....."

No comments:

Post a Comment